In order to improve public transit access to the new McGill University Health Centre (MUHC), we performed work at the Vendôme multimodal hub. Patients and visitors can now reach the MUHC Glen site quickly, safely and affordably thanks to the new RTM and STM facilities.
Discover the new amenities
Place your cursor on the icons for more details.
- Creation of a tunnel connecting the train station to the MUHC
- Construction of an outdoor paved pedestrian walkway between De Maisonneuve Boulevard and the train station
Changes to RTM facilities:
- Fare vending machine moved outside the tunnel
- Relocation of variable message signs (VMS)
- Changes to the ticket office located in the tunnel, so as to improve traffic flow
- Review of signage
Changes to the existing tunnel:
- Change to the existing tunnel lighting to ensure customer safety
- Installation of directional and corporate signage (for RTM, STM and MUHC users)
- Installation of cameras to ensure the safety of tunnel users
The $1.6 M investment is entirely financed by the Ministère des Transports du Québec (MTQ).